Photography I’m drawn to

001_7S26345

I’ll just go ahead and say it.
As much as I have fun taking pictures of people and documenting wonderful events.

My heart is drawn to traveling around and bringing out the best in the places.
Whether it’s a farm town or the cobblestone streets of europe.

FULL GALLERY HERE – 100 more pictures

005_7S26436

003_7S26415

New places and new faces.
So while i might continue to be willing to do weddings for a long time… but I’ll be putting in more time with the traveling as the years roll by.

009_7S26272

And for me I’m not the stay in one place and get the perfect picture type.
First of all because I’m not trying to make a living selling prints.
But secondly because I’m more of a Documenter at heart.
I just want to take pictures of everything
I am more interested in documenting, above wanting the best picture possible.

008_7S26313

And I respect the person that will stay in one place for hours searching for the best shot.
It’s just not me… I document. And hopefully I bring out the art and beauty while i do it.

011_7S26545

So perhaps let that be a lesson… it might not be the perfect light or perfect situation.
Sometimes it’s a matter of sticking around until it is… other times it’s a matter of dealing with it and getting the best you can in the situation.

013_7S26526

006_7S26432

015_7S26515 016_7S26509

017_7S26505

1. Andrea says

WOW!! I love landscape photos. Something so relaxing about all of these. The last two are my favs. These are all amazing…as always :)

2. Steph says

If only you could be paid as much as these images are worth. They’re gorgeous and you definitely have a special talent for creating Landscape photos that have such feeling! I love them all!

3. Melissa Papaj says

I would have to completely agree! I love documenting everything and am way to impatient to wait around for the perfect light! BTW, I love your work!

4. Scott Smith says

Great post, it’s nice to see a change up to landscape. Keep up the great work!

5. ZiggyP says

Scott – I really like the B&W with the tree. Nice contrast and it really sets a mood. The snugmug set – I nearly fell off my chair laughing with the real close-up of the horse. It is a shot you don’t see – the surprising perspective makes this a fun shot! I’m assuming you where driving down a dirt road and ….

6. Kyla Stevens says

Good to see you post some landscape pictures. The one with the hay bales with the snow covered mountain in the background is awesome.

7. mickelle says

You may be a documenter at heart, but I think continuing to play with other styles leads to increased diversity, creativity, and skill. Plus, it’s really fun.

(JaG)

8. Kimbrey says

And you do a good job of it. I love your scenic photos! JaG