I am looking for Interns, possibly a Personal Assistant, and web programmers.
See more info in the full blog post below.
My present summer intern is going back to school in Indiana at the end of the month… so sad.
– Roughly 150hr commitment
– Work in the office kinda thing
– I provide experience and training and you help with some projects and keeping up with business
-You learn the biz and/or becoming a better photog or at least photo-editor
– You get 1st say on assisting at photo shoots
– Re-evaluate upon half way mark and at end of 150hr commitment, possible continued internship or paid internship or job offer, or we both go our own way because you’re already a pro or something
Send me something that says I deserve this spot… surprise me what you come up with, photo gallery that shows taste, an insightful essay that shows me your personality that will make me want to work with you, your astounding resume that will make me wonder why you’re applying to intern with lil’ ol me.
I want to know what you’re already good at and how well and fest you will learn the other skills.
– You will be working at an in Home office in Lehi or perhaps if I move to another location nearby.
Tasks will all be centered around the photographic industry and much of the time wedding photography.
- Including but not limited to:
- Selecting pictures
- batch editing photos
- regular editing photos
- organizing pictures
- blog writing
- photo website upkeep
- some correspondence (Including to schedule inerviews w/ famous photogs)
- workshop preparations
- Help with podcasts (including audio editing and podcast publishing)
My hope is to help you become proficient in:
- Lightroom picture editing,
- photo organizing,
- understanding how to operate a photo business,
- creating and publishing podcasts,
- knowing how to set up and upkeep a photo blog and website,
- how to interact with clients
- and of course while we’re at it how to take better pictures.
- I need someone pleasant to be around,
- good with computers,
- very interested in photography,
- and who can attain those # of hours in a consistent schedule and do so even traveling to Lehi Utah. (Or if i move nearbye)
For questions about what an internship could be like talk to my most recent intern Carissa Fine (Maybe she’ll say a word or two in the comments later)
Not as in high demand as it once was, as I have found ways to easier complete with many of these duties myself and interns can cover several areas.
But within the list of possibilities in this probable positions are
Preparing discs for mail
Sending out mail
Running for errands
Secretary type duties like filing and data entry
Blog writing or book making can also be put in there.
Corresponding with people at times
Training others on how to do data inputting
Working with my schedule
I’ve gone away from work from home jobs… you must now be willing to come here to work.
Some projects might be allowed for work from home.
-PAY : is to be determined… and will be based on qualifications and how good and fast of a learner you are.
I am looking to continue programing on 2 different web projects
I have several blogs being worked on already and perhaps they too may need extra help.
Both projects have already been worked on extensively, I need to continue on them.
I would be extra interested interested in exchange/trade options, but if it’s a great cash rate then I’m willing to listen.
One thought is to find someone needing an interim full time job. (While they look for a more permanent position.)
Meaning I can probably only support a full time programmer for so long.
I am more interested in offering a Job than contracted work because I know most good contracted programmers burn the candle at 20 ends.
Plus if I can make it work I have enough work for all day every day for a couple of months and the monthly rate is much better than the hourly.
I would want someone to work on location as I am weary to hire any more work at home employees (blame those who came before you 😉
But am willing to entertain a proposition of at home for part of the time if assurances are put in place.
I am a flexible and understanding individual but hitting pre-determined marks for time worked would be a necessity.
My projects are done in PHP and MySQL but knowledge of other things can come in handy.
Design is a Huge plus as well as Photography.
If your name is Ben Crowder consider yourself hired at what ever rate your getting now plus some.
Though I’m not sure how long funds will allow me to keep you employed 😉
I’d probably sell my left kidney to extend that time. haha
Benefits might pale in comparison but the projects will be beneficial and become very large and become very well known if that has any bearing.
The job might also entail being in charge of organizing the work of other short term programmers. (Exchange of services for wedding photography they can only work so long)