Apparently I like to see how far I can stretch myself.
Previous instances of going big.
- Doing long wedding day shoots … up to 14hrs once.
- Doing shoots I’ve never done before is always a fun challenge and stretch.
- Going to a new location is a fun stretch I’ve done so many times it’s not that stretchy anymore.
- Like when I shot 60,000 pictures in 3 months and drove 12,000 miles while I was in europe.
- Or when I had like 8 weddings in a couple weeks in several different states and drove almost 5k miles with several plane flights all during the Christmas season equaling an insane amount of pictures.
- Or when I did 2 weddings in one day at 2 different locations
- Or when I did 3 weddings in one day (only one reception)
- Or when i did 32 shoots for the 2nd annual charity shoot
- And at the same time bought and used for the first time studio equipment the day before all these shoots.
Another fun challenge.
This week I’ll be shooting 50+ photo shoots.
This is for the 3rd annual charity shoot.
I’m doing outdoor fall pictures as well as studio pics during the day.
I’ll be starting earlier in the day than ever before and I’ll be shooting for less time.
I’ll also be doing more in one day than ever before with up to 12 shoots on a few of the days.
Not to mention a 2 part wedding on the weekend.
I’ll also have to manage several other photographers who’ll be coming to assist and take pictures as well.
The good thing is that I’m letting go of most of the editing, in fact I’ll be in Mexico while a lot of that is going on.
I’ll come back and play another role of quality control and tweeks.
So the adventure starts to day… I’ll keep people updated. Check out my twitter feed for more insights.
I’ll be shooting in a different location almost every day, plus another dive into studio photography since it’s been a while, this time in a home studio. Testing out seamless backgrounds for the first time.
I’ll be doing some wedding hopping… weeks on the road in other states shooting wedding without coming home.
At least it includes Hawaii… and we’ll see if I end up doing a wedding in Cancun.
Update on Charity Shoot locations
For those coming to the shoots this week.
Monday – White pines trailhead parking lot up little cottonwood canyon 5.5 miles from the parking lot / sign
remember little cottonwood is the more south canyon of the two
Tuesday – Summit parking lot up American fork canyon 10.3 miles from gate (south fork, aka turn to the right when you come to the big fork)
Wednesday – was going to be big cottonwood… but after scouting it out more the color didn’t last and we’ll do little cottonwood same place as monday
Thursday – Provo canyon – Sundance area – I have two places in mind and I’ll keep you updated (we’re still trying to get permission for one of them)
Saturday – See Thursday – Plan on sundance area