Planned a while back it’s finally happening… My 10 day photography workshop that will go until May 26th
A short Recap of some of the highlights
- Day 1 – Intro Stuff and In the evening two of what I consider to be my most important presentations
“Attractions and Distractions: Developing a language for photography” and essentially what we can call simply “Taking in focus pictures: Tips for more in focus pictures”
- Day 2 – The highlight for this day is i’m focusing on workflow and assisting
- Day 3 – The highlight is a long photoshoot with dozens of models in provo (a chance to practice their assisting skills)
- Day 4 – Learning to really see and utilize locations – including a walk through of abravenel hall for photoshoots we’re doing the next week.
- Also the intro presentation for Flash Camp that evening
- Day 5 – Studio lighting then the start of flash camp which includes a lot of models
- Day 6 – The finish of flash camp – (flash camp is about using flash at day then sunset and then twilight and then night… going to bed and then waking up to do it all over again in reverse)
- Day 7 – A real wedding will be the highlight
- Day 8 – An involved photoshoot for the symphony
- Day 9 – A wedding centered day – with photoshoots and a wedding vendor dinner which is an amazing experience to learn more about the culture and expectations of being a wedding photographer
- Day 10 – recap day includes a big photowalk at the end with lots of photography from the community at large
Other things we’re doing
Bootcamp is all day long and in all the other spots we’ll be at the computer learning how to work on pictures and learning all sorts of photography projects that I have lined up for the interns to work on this summer. Because we’re shooting so much simply going through pictures will take a lot of time… because it’s everyone’s pictures.
We’ll be focusing on them writing down and internalizing what they learned and sharing it here on the blog. (so stay tuned for that)
Options to the Public
- You can come to the Presentations tomorrow
- Flash Camp I will still take 2 more photographers
- Wedding Vendor Dinner you can add yourself to the waiting list for if there are spots available after the wedding vendors book
- Thursday the 26th anyone is free to come to our closing social a photowalk tentatively planned for the salt flats.
- Model – I’ve found a lot of models to be part but if you also want to model for cash Or for pictures let me know.
- Hey if you have a lot of money laying around and 10 totally free days there’s always bootcamp itself haha
Motto and Objectives
The main objective of this Bootcamp has always been to teach my summer full time interns all they’ll need to know to work all summer long on pictures and projects.
Secondarily to give them lots of amazing experiences to help them get much better at taking pictures. (this is actually going to be a big portion of the time we spend)
The Motto = Pick your battles (I will relate almost everything to this saying/mantra)