My blog posts hope to reach the following people in the following ways. (No particular order)
1. The client
By showing them their pictures in a short succinct recap, and giving them a quick method to show their pictures to their friends and family.
2. The clients friends and family.
By offering them a short recap of their friend or family member.
And also provide a link to the full gallery so they can see more if desired
3. Potential clients
By showing them what kind of work I’ve been doing recently.
After 4-5 years I keep on getting better every shoot.
It’s great to see many pictures from one shoot and know that I don’t just take a small handful of good pictures at each shoot.
Thus the longer posts
4. Friends and Family
Because they say they like to see what I’m up to.
They like to look at pictures. Or so they say 😉
5. Other photographers
-I think that’s a huge bulk of my audience.
I write many posts of photographers interest only.
Posts with tips and tricks directly mainly to photographers, specially the aspiring and learning types.
I also try to include teaching moments through almost all of my posts.
Like for instance, this post.
That being said.
Here’s the link to the FULL GALLERY
This couple has yet to be married.
I’ll be in Hawaii when they get married.
They opted to do their wedding pictures on a previous day.
Why do people do their pictures on a previous day?
- They’ll thus have these pictures in time for their wedding reception or dinner.
- They’ll also have lots more time on their wedding day.
- They won’t freeze as much on their wedding day. (popular for winter weddings)
- We can pick any location.
- We can shoot at any time.
- It’s tons cheaper.
- They can even get another photographer to do group shots if I’m not available.
Why do I like formals?
- For many of the same reasons:
- We can shoot at any time. (not just smack dab in the middle of the harshest light)
- We can take our time and focus on better quality. (Wedding days are often very rushed)
- We have more fun.
- I can do more weddings this way.
- They can show off the prints at the reception.
This one is the product of Spencer … he decided he wanted to pick her up.
I welcome ideas, I don’t know what all a couple is wanting or willing to do.
Any when it comes from the couple themselves, it’s bound to be the favorite… because it was their own idea, their own moment.