This experience has changed, I very much see it as a huge upgrade. No longer is it a normal internship experience. No longer is it office training only, or even a majority focus on office training.
It’s an EXCHANGE… I am spending a couple hundred hours of my summer training and putting on workshops and photography events. I put a price tag on it and then people work it off, meaning in essence they work off the training and workshops (Like a paid internship). The great thing for them is that this work is actually probably the most beneficial aspect of the summer for them. This way people put value on and appreciate my time and they feel their time is being valued as well. Also it’s happier on their pocket book to trade.
My hope is that because there are over a dozen students that it will be very worth it because I train multiple people at a time. I also try to let go and allow the students to quickly become the teacher… specially on small and simple projects.
- Well last friday we had an all day workshop with 10 of us there
- Monday’s usually end up being training days and yesterday there were 6 of us
- I have a couple of big photoshoots this week and trying out having 2 assistants there.
- Thursday evening I hope to do a very important and exciting presentation (two)
- Saturday a Portfolio Building photoshoot
- Pretty much every day there’s something except for today… but I’ve been able to edit and upload 3 batches of pictures.