Concerts are fun… but, I’m still a full time wedding photographer
I love doing wedding photography. I make a living at it.
However concert/band photography is a lot of fun… it helps stir the creativity deal with difficult lighting situations and stretches the photo-skills (if done well)
So I told a past groom that I’d take pictures of his Brother’s popular band when they came through town. Heck I owed them one since taking pictures of their band 2-3 years ago is what got me the wedding gig in the first place.
I consider my photo-hobbies to be landscapes and concerts… I love doing them but am not presently looking into making money at them.
Concert Photography Requests
I’m more than willing to do more concert photography.
Under following condition.
1. They must actively want me there… (unless it’s a band I really really love)… a simple “sure you can come” isn’t enough. I want them to know that I’m there and appreciate it.
2. We trade music for pictures. (Meaning if I have future projects that need music I get to use the music in said videos, or websites) that kind of trade… probably be good to actually have the digital files to listen to and stuff.
3. I get really good publicity out of it.
4. If either #1, #2 or #3 isn’t the case then I’ll take money.
(Heck I’ll take money anyways if they insist … but most small bands aren’t rolling in it if you know what I mean
5. It’s often a last moment decision based on what I want to do that week. Unless of course I get paid in which case I’ll for sure set aside the date.
If you really like a band tell them I might be willing to come and see what their level of interest… you can be my manager for the day. See if that gets you a free ticket or at least more access with me.
I’m not saying I’m jumping into this as a profession… but I do enjoy it and wouldn’t mind doing a lot more.
While the band waited backstage I took a couple of pictures of the group together. (I think this one is pretty fitting of them)
OK so the above photographs are of Eyes Lips Eyes – They started in Utah… but now they are based out of southern California
Another group from California made their way up… Chasing Kings.
HOLY WATER BUFFALO
I was doing group pictures during this other band but got back for a few.
EYES LIPS EYES
OK let’s end with a few more of the main band and reason I went that night.
To see more go to the gallery
As far as the Bands are concerned they are allowed to use these pictures on Facebook … go to the Gallery and Rt Click and save and upload to facebook.