My big news for 2012
I no longer charge travel costs for a wedding.
One Price: Yep just one price for anywhere in the world.
Because most of my weddings have me traveling far from my home state (Utah) I’ve decided to have one price, it avoids complication, encourages travel to exciting places and makes me unique.
Why? To me it’s not about costs incurred traveling, it’s more it’s me being indisposed for other weddings traveling 2 days… and therefore the price is included.
Because traveling during 2 days is how it always is… ergo the cost will be the same, because everywhere out of Utah has me traveling during 2 extra days.
Besides… I love traveling … and like I said it sets me apart.
I’m proud of the following points: (About Me)
- The one word that describes my photography: Personality
- I don’t charge by hour – I’m ALL day… to the very end
- I edit every picture I give to the client. (This is a big deal)
- You get a ton of pictures. I can’t remember the last wedding where they got less than 500 pictures. (Sometimes I do lots more… it depends on what they have organized)
- I’ve been doing weddings since 2005 so I’m experienced but still excited about weddings.
- I have an editing style all to myself I describe it as: bright and full of colors.
- I teach photography and have had over 20 interns in the past few years.
- Things I am most well known for teaching: Workflow, Editing, Off Camera Flash, Interacting with clients, Lightroom and SmugMug
- I can handle very difficult lighting situations.
- I always succeed. Therefore there’s a lot of trust/confidence in what I do. My clients know they’re for sure going to get awesome pictures.
- Fun: People get along with me… and not just the wedding couple, everyone. I’m laid back and I don’t get stressed on the job.
- You will end up with the usage rights (and files) to the pictures. (This is also a big thing)
- And of course: No travel costs
- I am conversational in 5 languages (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese… in that order) I’ve studied many others.
- Utah: I’m discounting the cost for Utah because I have two extra days where i’m not traveling and can do 2 times more weddings in Utah.
- Students/Military: It’s something unique I’ve done ever since I’ve started and the tradition will continue.
- Ol’ Friends: Again something I’ve done ever since the beginning.
- Trade/Barter: I’ve been known for my belief that a fair exchange doesn’t have to be 100% federal reserve notes (dollars) and therefore I’m willing to talk about options for trade.
On a budget? Hard to say what this means. Budgets range dramatically … I’ve dealt with all ranges.
It doesn’t hurt to email or call.
If you feel your budget might be a bit low… just be honest and let me know what that budget is. I’ve helped people out that had their heart set on my photography and I’ve also helped connect people to other amazing photographers.
- 1. Formals (wedding pictures of just the couple on a separate flexible date)
- 2. Wedding
- 3. Wedding with Journalistic Book (120pgs)
- 4. Wedding with Leatherbound Fancy Album (40pgs)
Pricing will vary greatly, so personally, I say you should simply contact me.
Range: Formals start in the $1500 range. On the higher end for example a wedding (anywhere) with 3 Press-printed journalistic 120pg books is about $8400
So you might be somewhere in between that range.
Additional things to consider (All are heavily discounted with wedding purchase)
- Pre-wedding photoshoots (Engagements, Bridals, Formals)
- Second day options
- Parent copies of the books/albums
- Additional Photographer (Not common for me, but I have lots of connections if the wedding calls for it)
I’m way easy to get a hold of and I’d like to think pleasant to talk with.
Google+ : Probably the best way to follow me and what I do and who I am: http://jarviedigital.com/plus
(You do not need to have an account to view my posts… but you will to contact/interact with me there.)